Overclocking radeon hd 7670m

Harsh Pranami

Baseband Member
Hi I have amd a8 and radeon hd 7670 on my laptop. I've heard that the base core and memory clock speed of this graphic is 600 and 900mhz. I downloaded gpu shark and found out that the core clock was set at 600mhz but the memory clock was at just 500mhz. So i overclocked the memory clock to 800mhz and my laptop froze. Somehow i managed to underclock it again and now my laptop is fine. But then why i can't overclock it to 900mhz. I'm asking this because SOME games are giving very low fps on low settings but the same games are running smoothly on core i3 2330 and nvidia 410m even at high settings.

Hi

First I would not recommend OCing a stock Laptop that is not a Gaming one and supports OCing ... just one factor is cooling.

OCing (overclocking) should be performed (via small increments) not jumping 300Mhz and not confined to just the CPU, OCing is a direction to achieve system wide performance and balance, hence benchmarking.

I overclocked the gpu not cpu. But hey why the games are running smoothly on geforce 410m but laggy on 7670. 7670 is far better than 410 I suppose

I think you will find you have answered your own question (i3) and quote >

Performance

The rendering power of the GeForce 410M is similar to the integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000. However, due to better driver support and the dedicated memory, some games (like Dirt3 and Fifa 11) did run faster in our tests - see benchmarks below.

And on top of that most laptops are NOT gaming machines. If you want to get better results playing games, buy a laptop built to play games. Or build an advanced desktop.
Over clocking a stock laptop is like doing the lindyhop on thin ice.
You're going to get in trouble sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom