BtGuard and uTorrent, little help please

dan161011

Beta member
Hi all,
New to this forum.

I have just subscribed to BTGuard and then downloaded uTorrent. I am just querying if BTGuard is doing its job.

It is connected, so I have the green padlock item showing.

When I did the test torrent it showed a random IP address under the DHT/Peer Exchange bits in the tracker tab on uTorrent however when I download anything else there is no IP address being shown in this tab.

If I go to the tracker tab I see the following;

[DHT] working
[Local Peer Discovery] working
[Peer exchange] working

Then under this I see a load of random tracker URLs most of which say working. But no IP address showing as it did with the test torrent. The IP address is only shown in the logger tab from when the program was first launched that session (and it is my actual IP address).

Now I thought the purpose of BTGuard was to show a different IP address to yours and it does on the test torrent and the test IP website. I am just wondering what I should be looking for in uTorrent to ensure BTGuard is working.

All the BitTorrent settings are as per the BTGuard website instructions.

So basically when you download a random torrent in uTorrent, should the tracker tab show the IP address anywhere, or should anything in uTorrent show the IP address when a torrent is being downloaded?

Thanks alot guys and girls.

Back
Top Bottom