Makefiles / CMAKE / Programming

dominover1

Baseband Member
Can anyone clarify what a Makefile is (Please in English). My understanding is that you create a makefile for any given compiler to tell it how to compile a third party library.

If this is the case then my understanding is that a Makefile can be created with CMAKE. If this is the case then where do I put the third party library when I do this (the PODOFO Library)? I'm currently trying to create a makefile for PODOFO (PDF Library) and its looking impossible at this stage. I have to use something called 'ZLIB' and something else called 'libjpeg' and include them somewhere to complete the makefile process. Besides the fact that despite an explanation for those libraries/ files or whatever they are can be found in Wikipedia, I'm failing to understand what they are or where they should go when trying to create a Makefile with CMAKE.

Is anyone able to clarify for me how this should all go together. Obviously this is a major floor in my understanding so if you can recommend any books on this kind of thing so I can make sense of this in the future then it would be most welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom