Uhh, anyone notice that $8 laptop on newegg?

Actually the Egg seems to have an error like that a dozen times a year, maybe more.

The last one I saw was a Noctua D14 HSF for $8.99, instead of $89.99, and it included free shipping. When I placed an order for 4 of them, it was rejected by e-mail a few hours later, with an explanation that they are not responsible for errors.

I actually know someone who managed to get a few TVs out of a deal like that. A $4000 TV was listed for $400 and he ordered four. The difference was, he was a lawyer. So when he got the email saying that it was a mistake and the ordered was canceled, he emailed back saying what firm he worked for and that they had an intern that would be happy to work towards getting the TVs. The ordered went through after that...

Sometimes retailers will honor those mistakes.

A retail store I bought my iMac off many years ago did something like that and had the core 2 duo version 27" listed as £499 still got it now :). They soon corrected it in their catalogue... But our country has a law in retail that they have to honour the advertised prices they must of loose about £800 from me and others

Dang, those were some good deals, I guess I can't complain, I got 2 laptops for $30 bucks, except that was the actual price :/

Thats awesome. But since it's so cheap, it must be very slow. Well...maybe not at first. But give it time

Thats awesome. But since it's so cheap, it must be very slow. Well...maybe not at first. But give it time

Considering it's meant to retail at about $450 and is clearly just a mistake, I doubt it's going to be hugely slow...

Back
Top Bottom