Windows Error Recovery

Angry Acer

Solid State Member
So I was playing around on my Acer Aspire 5733Z and it sort of froze and nothing would work, I held the power button and shut it off thinking this would solver my issue... I go to restart and it says windows error recovery and gives me two options either launch start up repair or start windows normally. I have tried both and it just goes to a black screen and doesn't load. (sometimes it flashes a blue screen looking like bios and restarts) I went into erecovery and recovered it once and tried updating everything and ran a virus scan and the updates wouldn't download and no viruses were found. I shut it back off to try and get updates to work and it did windows error recovery again. This time I try alt + f10 again and it brings up erecovery and it says please wait a moment. I waited for hours and nothing ever happened. Any help would be appreciated

Do you have recovery disks? And how old is your computer? Also would you be willing to factory restore / erase everything to have a working a comp, also do you have a seccond Comp?

Acer didn't send any recovery disks with my laptop so im looking to torrent one. My laptop is about 10 months old but told me i only have hardware warranty? I'm willing to do anything to fix this hunk of junk. and I'm on my desk top lol it's so outdated (emachine) :p but shes still running.

You have a built in recovery, ill Google it however if I don't responed or stop responding my phone died and ill be back on around 11 if that happens. Unless my spare battery is charged.

I belive it would be f6? On start or even in the start up repair somewhere.

The startup repair doesn't work. The startup recovery is Alt + F10 but it's called Acer Erecovery Management, when I get it up it just says please wait a moment then never proceeds to recover and thanks

Hmm, -.- is it possible to start it into safe mode ? At all? You need to get to the " recovery" option. Once there you can restore using the HD partition that you have ( I google your Computer ) as most of my experience is in compaq,Asus,dell,and ibuy Comps

I've tried safe mode with networking but it starts to load and get to a specific system 32 driver and will freeze on it for a bit and then flashes a blue screen and it's fast then restarts itself. I tried booting a windows 7 repair cd but nothing happened. I've tried Last known configuration and other things lol and i couldn't understand acer's support so I cussed 3/5 techs out and hung up. Told me it was going to cost $300 to fix it?

To start the system recovery: 1. Restart the computer. 2. When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the Alt and F10 keys repeatedly. 3. If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key. 4. After the system recovery application has loaded, follow the prompts to reinstall the Operating

( that sounds right)

Start without networking. ....there is a way to do this from within aswell. The whole os is on a partition in your HD according to the Comp model. ( so its a backup copy) .

If worst comes to worst yyou could try to fix from a Linux distro ( it would be complicated)

I tried booting in regular safe mode and it froze on Windows\System32\Drivers\CLASSPNP.SYS and blue screened and restarted. I've never done the Linux Distro thing. I'm okay with complicated things, I like a challenge sometimes >=)

* sigh* usually when this happens to my friends I do this for them-.+ but lets do this, you need to burn a Linux distro to a disk, and ill have to do more knowledge gathering when I get home and onto my comp ..but I know there is a way because I did it once. I would definitely exhaust all other options before this though

Back
Top Bottom