Are these temperatures too high?

So I installed Intel's Desktop Utilities to just check out cpu temperatures, and this is what I found... It's been VERY hot lately, and temperatures go very high in the room due to lack of air conditioning. I'm using a stock cooler for a core 2 quad q9300, no overclocking and cooling set to 'agressive' under BIOS. Here are the temperature readings, all marked in the green (safe) zone. It has given me no warning alerts.

xf9e6r.png

Is this safe? Google was rather unhelpful.

EDIT:
I've never had shutdown issues, high detail games run well (with a gtx550). I'm using a case that origionally housed a p4, so it only has one additional cooling fan on the back panel. The computer isn't exactly helping the room temperature either, though it's nice in the winter :)

Last edited:
At 120f for the cpu being a quad, I'd keep an eye on that and don't let it go much higher. The motherboard is a little toasty but it's not outside the upper limit. As for the north and south bridge chips they run hot but not like that.
You need a better case with more airflow. You can get inexpensive cases that will do the job. The ones with all the wink and blink to me are a waste.
" It don't have to be pretty. It just has to work. "

I'm using a case that origionally housed a p4, so it only has one additional cooling fan on the back panel.

A case with one fan (intake) bottom front and another fan back top (exhaust) will work better honey.

Back
Top Bottom