Hi - long time PC fan

Ben McKinlay

Solid State Member
Hi. I'm Ben, pleased to meet you.

I've loved technology for a while now (I have some pictures of a four year old me playing on a computer). I'm currently learning programming using Python and I'm wanting to build my own computer. There's no need to bore you all with my life story, so I'll stop there.

Thanks for reading :)

Re: Hi

Hey ben, and welcome to Computer Forums. If you need any help with that pc you're planning on building, then feel free to ask (your best bet is to ask in the hardware section). How are you finding the programming? How long have you been learning?

Hey ben, and welcome to Computer Forums. If you need any help with that pc you're planning on building, then feel free to ask (your best bet is to ask in the hardware section). How are you finding the programming? How long have you been learning?
I did create a post in the hardware section, http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/building-computer-218093.html to ask if the components I chose were good enough and if they were compatible.

The enjoying the programming, the book I'm learning makes it really easy and fun to learn.
I've been trying to learn programming for a few years now, but I've always given up. At first I tried C but I couldn't find a compiler or anything. Then I tried C#. My current attempt, using Python, has been going for a week or two.

My tip for programming: don't give up. I'm sure you're doing fine now, but later down the line you might start struggling. If that happens the easiest thing to do may be to stop and try to learn another language, but you won't get anywhere. As for C, it's usually not recommended for beginners. The two I'd recommend are C# (which you're doing) and Java

Hi. I'm Ben, pleased to meet you.

I've loved technology for a while now (I have some pictures of a four year old me playing on a computer). I'm currently learning programming using Python and I'm wanting to build my own computer. There's no need to bore you all with my life story, so I'll stop there.

Thanks for reading :)

Life storys are ALWAYS interesting!

:D

Back
Top Bottom