Video Card Question?

asears1990

Beta member
Ok I have a decent knowledge base as far as computers go but I do still run into problems now and then with basic things. My problem this time is I need a new video card to play SWTOR. I'm not looking to get anything amazing just something slightly over the min requirements. It says I need an Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics / ATI X1800 / nVidia 7800 or better. Ok cool now idk wth the specs are of any of those. So I went of my basic knowledge and looked for a card that is a PCI express 2.0 (x16) with 1Gb. The exact link to the product is EVGA 01G-P3-1526-KR GeForce GT 520 Video Card - 1GB, DDR3, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), Dual DVI-I, Mini-HDMI, DirectX 11, Single-Slot, Includes 3 Year Warranty w/Registration at TigerDirect.com. Is this card I selected greater than or equal to the min requirements. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Also I know good video cards can get a little pricey and you usually get what you pay for, so the price seemed a little too nice for me.

Yes, this card will suffice. However, if you were willing to spend a little more (~$70), I think you could do a lot better than that GT520. For example, you could look into this XFX HD 6670.

Cool thanks for the help and will that run on a Dell XPS 410? It has a 2.5Ghz proccessor and 375w power supply.

That power supply is probably to weak to run this card. Any of the newer graphics cards require a minimum of 400-450W of power to run. You could order something like this Corsair CX500 to power that card. If you have a tight budget I could do some more digging later for a cheaper PSU, but this one has a good deal right now.

edit: Here's a cheaper Cooler Master Elite 460 you could pick up.

That seems like a fair price for the gpu and psu. I appreciate all the the help.

Oh yea, also the card you showed me is a 2.1 x16, my computer is only 2.0 x16 is that compatible/will it effect its performance as the PSU would?

Back
Top Bottom