Which Graphics Card?

TheRDWxHD

Beta member
Im not sure what graphics card to get these are my options "1280Mb nVidia GeForce GTX 570 PCI-Express VGA Card" or the "2048Mb ATi Radeon HD 6970 PCI-Express VGA Card"

Thanks for your time, RDW

I always recommend Radeon, i've always used their graphics cards and they've always done me good.

AFAIK, the GTX 570 is faster than the 6970. I'd go with Nvidia if you want more performance, but if budget is a little tighter, then the 6970 will do you better.

I honestly would say the Radeon as well, but you are right, they perform differently. If you are going for something more cost effective, then yeah, the Radeon, but if you have plans to spend some money, I'd go with dual 570s.

Dual 570s may be better, but I don't see the advantage of that, unless you're a Frame per second freak.

Dual 570s may be better, but I don't see the advantage of that, unless you're a Frame per second freak.

Haha well for those who have looked at my rig thread and found out that my original build budget was 10K USD, I went a bit overboard and ended up building a couple Quad SLI builds pushing 400-500 FPS. Freak enough for you? Since then (as I am a newb to all this) I have went a bit more cost effective.

But the reason I suggest the dual SLI is that I have read a few reviews of 570 builds struggling with Ultra High settings on games like BF3 and Skyrim (Developer logs mainly).

I normally check with benchmarks, and I saw graphs of the 570 being higher than the 6970. That's how I can make a judgement. 400-500FPS would make a game unplayable and most of them are locked around the 60FPS range.

10K? Holy crap! For that price, I could afford a good PC and restore my 84 Camaro with all that!

I normally check with benchmarks, and I saw graphs of the 570 being higher than the 6970. That's how I can make a judgement. 400-500FPS would make a game unplayable and most of them are locked around the 60FPS range.

10K? Holy crap! For that price, I could afford a good PC and restore my 84 Camaro with all that!

Haha yeah, but at the time of me first piecing stuff together, I didn't realize that most games govern their FPS ratings. And yeah I know, but like I said in my other thread, this is my 3rd deployment and it was time for me to buy myself something nice...so I set the bar high. I believe I am down to around $2-2.3K now. :).

And are those benchmarks with the overclocked 6970s or just the standard outputs?

Back
Top Bottom