Need some advice on Sony Vaio E Series Customizing

supernaruto1

Beta member
'Sup? I'll get straight to the point, I'm planning on purchasing this Vaio

Customize 15.5" Laptop | VPCEH290X Configure-to-Order | VPCEH290X CTO | Sony USA

And wanted to ask the fine people here at computerforums a question. What do you think is more worth it: i3 with 1gb nvidia geforce 410m graphics or i5 with 512mb nvidia geforce 410m graphics? I'd like to be able to play something like Assassin's Creed or Arkham Asylum but if it's not possible on this laptop no matter what configuration I choose then I'd just like the best option anyway. Thanks!

Man... I realy hate viao's, sure they look pretty but they always overcharge. That's my experience though. Wouldn't the i3 with 1GB be better?

Lol you're asking me the same question I'm asking you :p But is Vaio really that more expensive than other brands? I found that for its specs this E series is actually a pretty good deal. That said, I don't want this to turn into a debate about whether or not Vaio is a ripoff.

Do. Not. Buy. Sony.

Yes, it's a personal opinion, but I'm basing it on both my personal and professional experiences. Sony is a horrid brand for any type of computer. Their support lines are unhelpful, their driver site is often wrong (I spent four hours one day looking for drivers for two NEW Sony Laptops... they were so new, they didn't even have the drivers out for them... on business class notebooks. Inexcusable!) The thing that really burns me is that over a 6 month period, their tech support line never knew the answer to my questions (which weren't that hard for other vendors on their systems) and they always wanted to know the purchase date of the system because their database doesn't have that information! They can only GUESS the warranty period based on when the MODEL was released, not the individual unit.

Do you have any other brands you like, or want to give a try? What's your budget?

Well if I can get a better laptop for the same price or even cheaper then I'm all for it. My budget is $630. I guess I'm open for all brands but I'd like to say away from HP. But if you can give me one that doesn't overheat then I'm inclined to hear you out.

Back
Top Bottom