my computer blue screens whenever i play games. need help !!!!!!

amazingturtle

Beta member
My computer has been blue screening whenever i play games like battlefield or call of duty. I have windows 7. i7 dual core processecor. that is all i know about my computer. I will only be able to play for like 15 minutes and then it blue screens. I preety sure it has to do with the hardware but im not sure if it's a virus. none of the games lag though which i find is odd. I need help fast MW3 is coming out soon.

It's unlikely to be anything DIRECTLY to do with those games, most likely to do with a weak component or a dodgy driver somewhere. Do you have any of the error codes for us to look at? Download BlueScreenView and tell us the STOP codes and the messages (STOP code e.g. 0x0000007b, error message e.g. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA). This will help give us a better idea of what's going on. Also, what sort of temps are you getting while playing?

the bug check code says 0x00000124

i also put a minidump just incase i didnt know if that is what you meant.

==================================================
Dump File : 110511-27050-01.dmp
Crash Time : 11/5/2011 5:17:16 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`0b767028
Parameter 3 : 00000000`fa000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00400405
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+12a3b
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\110511-27050-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 292,672
==================================================

i have 12 gb of ram

i used the program you used to say and the problem is the hal.dll file. I have tried tons of ways to delete it but it wont let me. It says access denied or you dont have permission to this action. If you get help get rid of it i can replace the file. please answer back

HAL.dll is probably one of the most important files on your computer lol. Harward Abstraction Layer (HAL) is the part of the OS that interfaces with the hardware through driver software. It basically means you have a driver problem.

I would advise maybe trying uninstalling your video card drivers, and then re-installing them from the manufacturers site.

It is strange that it happens after around 15 minutes, but computers are funny like that sometimes.

Try shutting off the programs you don't need in the background before you play anything also.

If it is a memory issue, and even some odd codes can be, 12GB is a lot to run through, so if you do have a bad stick somewhere, it may take 15 minutes to reach that area. If all else fails, we can link you to memory software to run.

I don't think you've got the specs right. Grab this software, run it and take a screenshot and post it here. Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Also, we need to know what wattage the power supply is, if you know (or can open the case...)

This behavior is synonymous with either failing RAM, as Kage mentioned, or a power issue. I really doubt the video card is to blame at this point.

Back
Top Bottom