Do I have a screen inverter problem or backlight probelm?

chia99

Beta member
Hey guys,

I have a Compaq Presario F572US that has the problem of a black screen when I turn it on. Do I need to replace the inverter or the backlight bulb?

Firstly, plug it into an external monitor to see if the laptop is actually sending any video signal. If that works, you can say it's a problem with the internal display arrangement. When you say 'Blank screen' - Do you mean a blank screen but lit-up, like obviously powered on but blank? Then it's more than likely not the backlight. If the screen stays looking like the laptop is turned off, completely lifeless - then it's a backlight issue. If it's not the backlight and the screen is not visibly damaged, it's about 9/10 chance of being an inverter issue.

Its the latter issue, I can tell its on because computer makes it normal sounds and everything but the screen is completely black like the laptop isn't even on.

If the latter is the option, get a flashlight and shine it on your screen. Do you see anything at all? If the backlight is out, you should be able to make out what your computer is doing.

look at the laptop screen standing up looking down.. this is the best way to tell

If theirs no image .. I can see it being your backlight.. as if it was the inverter you'd be able to see it say: ''Compaq'' as soon as you turn it on but in a dimm light, really hard to see.. standing up looking down helps... place the laptop just like you would use it sitting down, now stand up and look down.. if theirs nothing... sorry to say it's your backlight

Back
Top Bottom