can guest account run programs in admin account?

lanche26

Solid State Member
good readings every one, im new here, and this is my question, i have my computer shop and all of my computers are in just regular setup, just like having it in home, and my costumers keep installing soft wares that make my computers slow. This is what i wanted to do:

1. enable guest account or make a limited account so they cant install anything they wanted.
2. can this account access the administrator programs and games?

thanks in advance people!

make a password for the regular account, and enable the quest account. that should get ride of the problem.

but mr. cloud

ive already done it but some of my programs in admin cant run on guest account. example is the vegaran, and the garena client. How can i run it?

you have a server in use in your shop. right?
give the server a domain control role, if you have not giving it allready. then connect all the computers in your shop to that domain.
with a domain controler you can make all the rules you can think of. so customers cant mess up anything.

You should be able to run any programs that you install on the admin account on the guest account. Does it tell you "Access Denied" when you try to run a program? If so, log on to the admin account. Right click the program's exe and look at Sharing and Security. Allow everyone to run it, or at least the guest account.

Setting up a domain (that's what you'll be doing if you set a domain controller) will be a BIG change from what you are doing now. I'm not sure what kind of "shop" you're running.. sounds like you're just letting people use your computers. If you set up a domain controller you would have many more possibilities.. even making an acocunt for each individual user. If it's not needed then I suggest you don't do it.

-Q

Thanks to you every one, but im just a first year college student, and i dont even know what domain is!. haha, i guess i have to eat more rice and study even harder to learn this things

setting up a domain huh??

any way ill try what captain pooka posted, and ill tell you what the result is..

and by the way my computer shop dont have any servers

as i said, its just a regular setup.

captain pooka, no "Access is denied" pops up when im trying to run it on the guest account, it just dont run! ill click it then nothing happens! please help me!

from your administrator account click on start, run and then type eventvwr

When you look at the logs are there any failures? (I'd start by looking at the application and security logs).

(remember what time you;re trying to run the application as well, that'll make searching the log file a whole load easier!

Back
Top Bottom