Help! Desktop crashes whenever laptop connects to internet.

MrHiddenLotus

Beta member
Okay so i have a Desktop running Windows 7, and a MacBook Pro. The desktop is connected to a linksys router, which is connected to the ACN modem. The Desktop doesn't ever crash or have any other malfunction, neither does the laptop. Every time the laptop is turned on and connects to the internet (wireless or wired) the desktop instantly crashes, giving me the glitched out screen, then the blue screen that says something about dump files, then restarts. The laptop doesn't suffer any problem and works like normal. If the laptop is on and connected to the internet when the desktop turns on, it runs like normal for a little bit and then crashes regardless of what I'm doing, whether its involves the internet or not, the desktop will then reset and start up, and then crash again, and just repeats that process as long as the laptop is connected. This happens any time a Mac laptop connects to the internet. So i tried unplugging the router and connecting both computers directly to the modem via Ethernet cords, same problem.

If you need any more info just ask, i really want this to get fixed, because there are multiple people in this household who need to use the internet and computer.

I dont know if this is in the right thread, if it is feel free to move it.

Maybe they are getting the same IP address? First time I've ever heard of this problem....

Back
Top Bottom