Wondering if anyone could help me out!

Arcadoor

Beta member
Hey guys, new to the forum, I will be around though :)

So here's the deal,

I bought a $3100.00 alienware aurora from dell. (i know)
And I have been trying to sell this thing, it is brand new,(less then 6 months old) I started it up once and haven't touched it since. Trouble is I don't really want to sell it for anything less then $2000.00, I have tried literally everything and have found that I need to start trying on computer forums, locally is impossible - There is no one that wants to buy a new high end computer haha.
So yeah, these are the specs, tell me what you think and what is a reasonable offer/sale price for this beast.

Full price paid after taxes: $3,498.85 CAD

Comes with;
Alienware FX tower (cosmic black)
Blu-ray disc combo (reads/writes - DVD/CD)
Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio
12GB Dual channel DDR3 @ 1333MHz (x2)
Intel Core I7 860 2.8GHz 8MB cache
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 Graphics card
1TB SATA-II, 3Gb/s 7,200RPM, 32MB cache HDD
Windows 7 home premium, 64-bit
Alienware high performance liquid cooling
19-1 Media card reader
Nero 9
3 year McAfee subscription
3 year warranty on all parts and hardware
Alienware accessories; keyboard, mouse, manual
small_aurora_angle25.jpg

So that's the basic description of it all, I mean, I'm pretty open to offers, I would just like to see somthing in the 1700-2200 range, but yeah....

Open discussion, let me know what you guys think, where I should sell, and at what price!

Always appreciate feedback!

Thanks a bunch!!!

Arc/Joel.

You should be able to sell it on Ebay for up to $1500 in my opinion. But don't be surprised if it doesn't sell...

Its hard reselling computers/parts. I have $1600 wrapped up in my computer, and I'd be lucky to get $600-$700 for it.

good luck with the sale

Unfortunately, computers depreciate faster than cars do. I guess I'll ask the dumb question since no one else has, Why did you buy such a beast of a computer when you're obviously not that into computers to begin with? It's like buying a $5,000 Gibson Les Paul with a custom paint job and never learning to play the guitar.

Well, thing is I need the computer for school - problem is I need money to pay for school lol.

@cboucher - Also own a custom gibson, along with a krank stack and a full PA hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom