CentOS and internet help

Skybucks100

Solid State Member
Hi,
Today I installed CentOS on my server and I put the IP address as 192.168.*.** and I believe that is a private IP and you would have to be on the same internet network as I am to access the website correct? If so, how do I find out my external IP address? I believe it starts with 97 and thats all I really know. Also, I was thinking about switching to the Comcast Business starter plan (http://business.comcast.com/internet/plans.aspx) and I was wondering if they allow servers (just want to make sure) also I saw it said it was 8x faster then T1 internet, is it still T1? Or is it something else? I just want to make sure so I don't get the wrong kind of internet or something.

Thanks!

Hi,
Isn't that just for my computer's IP address and not my servers? And I don't know how I would do that in CentOS

Thanks!

It displays the IP address your internet service provides you. The IP address on the WAN side of your router. You can access the link with a web browser. The LAN side of your router will provide addresses such as 192.168.0.x, or 192.168.1.x. Assuming that you are using your router as a DHCP server. Your router, from the LAN side, should be 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.1.

It displays the IP address your internet service provides you. The IP address on the WAN side of your router. You can access the link with a web browser. The LAN side of your router will provide addresses such as 192.168.0.x, or 192.168.1.x. Assuming that you are using your router as a DHCP server. Your router, from the LAN side, should be 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.1.
Ohhh I gotcha. So that is the IP address I need to use then correct?

Back
Top Bottom