30-50 extra ping (If in wrong section sorry)

Deckardkane

Beta member
Iv'e been having the same occuring problem for the past while and my isp is clueless as to what is going on, so i have decided to take it into my own hands and sign up on some forums and search for an answer.

So lately i have been getting 30-50 extra ping in all online games and its quite annoying especially in FPs games. My isp just keeps telling me online games raise your ping or something along those lines cause its my fault and not theres apparently. My specs are

Processor : AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X2 555 3.20ghz
2gbs of ram
32bit vista home premium.

If im missing any important info let me know

any help is very appreciated

http://www.pingtest.net/result/42120418.png ( I live very close to toronto)

It wouldn't be a problem with the computer specs, it would be an internet problem. Do a speedtest on speedtest.net and check the ping and check the speed to see if it matches with what you have purchased

in addition to the speedtest, run one from pingtest.net. It'll give a report on the quality of the line in terms of ping-stability.

in addition to the speedtest, run one from pingtest.net. It'll give a report on the quality of the line in terms of ping-stability.

I have a direct link from pingtest.net in my first post. I have had the same problem a while ago and I got lucky and was talking to someone at my ISP who knows what they are doing. I forget what the command was called to tell my isp to turn off but it seemed to help, also my download speed is fine its just the ping.

70 ping is normal? I really wouldn't see much difference if I had a 40 ping or if I had a 70 ping in an online game

70 ping is normal? I really wouldn't see much difference if I had a 40 ping or if I had a 70 ping in an online game

My pingtest shows 70ping from where i live to toronto, which is very close. Also I didn't make this post seeing if people noticed any differences between 40 and 70ping. Im trying to find some help and what is causing the problem.

My bad, I didn't see the link.

I'm not going to look much into the computer right now, I'm going to address the router itself for now, under the assumption there is a router on your network.

What model is your router? Take a look and see if there are any firmware updates for it. Also, some routers have a built-in DNS memory that can be flushed either through a reboot of the router (unplugging for a minute) or as a button within the web-interface. It's worth a shot if your router is directing traffic to a DNS server that is further away than what your ISP currently thinks/knows is best.

As for the commands, I don't understand what you were trying to say. Are you saying there was a command to disable your entire internet? I'm not sure of anything along those lines. However, I think maybe running these three commands could help: ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

Back
Top Bottom