Boot issue

I uninstalled it using the option in U3's preferences

easy-button.png

Boy is my face red :$

Okay, so I managed to find another thumb, this one an iLogic 1gb. Now it just won't boot, and goes to ubuntu. All I wanna do is be able to work my iPhone on my own computer :(

Okay, so I managed to find another thumb, this one an iLogic 1gb. Now it just won't boot, and goes to ubuntu. All I wanna do is be able to work my iPhone on my own computer :(

There should be a boot menu with options a few seconds after you hit the power button, choose Windows if you want to boot into that.

And @iPwn, lol. Did it work for you?

now if I were to buy a USB hard drive adapter to run my hard drive from my broken laptop to this desktop, could I run Windows and have everything essentially the same as before, just on a desktop and not my laptop? Like would all my stuff and Windows run and boot fine? Sorry, I'm not super computer savvy.

your desktop compter should run fine if youre using a usb harddrive adapter from you laptop harddrive, its like a portable harddrive.

now if I were to buy a USB hard drive adapter to run my hard drive from my broken laptop to this desktop, could I run Windows and have everything essentially the same as before, just on a desktop and not my laptop? Like would all my stuff and Windows run and boot fine? Sorry, I'm not super computer savvy.

your desktop compter should run fine if youre using a usb harddrive adapter from you laptop harddrive, its like a portable harddrive.

Don't give up just yet. Have you tried the site I linked to get the USB to become bootable? If so, did that fail? :( Did you try what The_Lucas suggested in removing U3 from the SanDisk drive? I would remove the U3 component from the SanDisk drive and the follow the steps on the site I linked. See if that works.

@The_Lucas, I'll pm you as we've taken this thread off topic enough :D

Problem solved! :D I went a completely different direction and found a Dell system restore disc, ran it in WINE, and booted and installed XP. I think my eMachines thinks it's a Dell.... Anyways, I have no audio :/ The internal speaker works and after about an hour of googling and frustration I can't really figure out what to do. I can't even open volume control because it says there are no audio devices connected. iTunes detected that I have no audio either. What can I do?

it worked! audio <3

thanks for everyone's help on here! you guys have all helped a lot over the last couple days, it's been great.

Back
Top Bottom