Finding the right Software

atomichybrid

In Runtime
hi all,

is there a software where you can measure stuff like buildings if you have say the pdf plans for it? what im trying to find is a program where you can upload pdf drawings and you can use the software to measure it and then put the measurements into a workbook and put in a rate for it. if there is such software i would appreciate it, many thanks in advanced.

Cheers

I haven't seen anything like this. At any rate, I think it'd be hard to find one that works with PDF since it would pretty much be a picture and text values would be hard to grab. What are the drawings coming from? There might be a way to export to a xml file or even a program designed to take those readings from whatever is being used to draw.

celegorm,

Thanks for the input. I think these pdf drawings are vector or rastered. I dont think whether the pdf is in vector or raster is important, the main idea is a software that can do vector or raster for the measurement. Ive been looking into some software, something like AutoCAD Design Review, but the problem is that its not optimised for measuring and putting it into a workbook of the sort. I think there should be some software like what I've described. Its probably what architects would use or some estimators that would use this type of software for their measurement.

Back
Top Bottom