need help in removing ubuntu

I like blue

Solid State Member
Hi,
I'm running xp and I decided to install ubuntu on my second hard drive to test it out and now I want to remove it but I dont know how to.
Please help.

Did you install it from the CD or did you use Wubi?
If you used Wubi, go to Add/Remove Programs in XP, and uninstall Ubuntu.
If you used the CD to install it, you'll have to start over.

Well there is a really easy way to do it, but it's kind of jerry rigged. I would just boot off the Ubuntu CD again, wipe the partition, and reboot. Then in XP I'd fire up the partition manager and add a new partition, or re-size your current partition. If XP doesn't let you do it, grab Cute Partition Manager, and use that.

Well there is a really easy way to do it, but it's kind of jerry rigged. I would just boot off the Ubuntu CD again, wipe the partition, and reboot. Then in XP I'd fire up the partition manager and add a new partition, or re-size your current partition. If XP doesn't let you do it, grab Cute Partition Manager, and use that.

Problem is GRUB is the boot manager, and if it installed the right way, GRUB is on the partition he installed Ubuntu on and if he erases that partition he won't be able to boot XP again until he reinstalls XP.

hello,

Yes you can install both OS on your system. First install Win XP then install ubuntu. When u install XP you can see the partition table, just delete one partition which in you want to install ubuntu, after deleting partition continue install Win XP and after completing install Ubuntu.

In same way you can remove ubuntu from your hard drive. just boot from Win XP CD then go to partition table and delete Ubuntu partition and format by FAT or NTFS. aftre formatting just click F3 and restart your pc once and start normallt on XP. your Ubuntu partition you will see on your my computer.

You can see then article for it
--link removed--

hello,

Yes you can install both OS on your system. First install Win XP then install ubuntu. When u install XP you can see the partition table, just delete one partition which in you want to install ubuntu, after deleting partition continue install Win XP and after completing install Ubuntu.

In same way you can remove ubuntu from your hard drive. just boot from Win XP CD then go to partition table and delete Ubuntu partition and format by FAT or NTFS. aftre formatting just click F3 and restart your pc once and start normallt on XP. your Ubuntu partition you will see on your my computer.

You can see then article for it
PC Troubleshooting

Read his initial post!!! And again, quit with your dam inappropriate link. If you can't even read and understand his question, how will your inadequate blog help?!

Anyway, Ubuntu can mess with the MBR and take up some valuable harddrive space, Neo-dude has hit the nail right on the head with his video tutorial. Follow that and your laughing. Just make sure you don't format the wrong parition or you'll be crying with the lost data.... Also, you should be able to expand your system volume to take up the free space, if unbuntu's partition is on the same drive as your Windows XP parition.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom