Z3731 webcam issues

DrCross

Solid State Member
Hi,

I've just bought an ACER aspire Z3731 and when I tried to use Skype the webcam was no where to be seen. It came up with a few other names like AVerMedia 7231 Analog Capture, cyberlink webcam filter and usb 2.0 camera.

The second option (cyberlink webcam filter) does seem to work now and then but i have no options to edit it.

None of these options apart from the last one (usb 2.0 camera) are on the device manager.

Am I missing something??

Firstly, just bare in mind that Skype has had a few problems last day or two. Might have caused a few hiccups elsewhere.

Have a quick read of: Skype connection issues identified, fix is being worked on

So don't panic too much. Also, it might be worth searching for new / updated drivers for the webcam, and also, reinstalling that and skype to see if that fixes the problem.

Just out of interest, have you tried the webcam with another application like MSN, or AIM? Does it work ok with those applications? Might be worth testing it with those first to see if you can narrow the problem down slightly? Also, is the laptop under warranty still (If you only just bought it?)

Let us know.

Back
Top Bottom