FEDORA 15 is RELEASED

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Just wanted to get it out there, but the new and improved Fedora 15 with GNOME 3.0 is out!! So for all your Linux junkies, and those who want to try out Linux, be sure to give this Distro a whirl!

Get it here: FedoraProject.org

Cze Lukasz! how does it compare against other distro's? polishlinux.org 's server blew up and I can't look it up :(

Well it's first off Red Hat based. Comparing distro's is something that takes days and days. Fedora in my opinion is an overall good desktop choice and for most cases a server. Now with the new GNOME 3.0 it makes it a much more appealing desktop choice for existing linux users and those who perhaps are looking to try it out. A good thing to do is to try it out, and read the Fedora project release notes. I use fedora for both my server and my desktop and love it. I have 15 running on my desktop now, and still running on 14 for my server.

Here is the short version of the release notes. I can get the long version for people if you want it.

Sure does boot slowly in a Virtual Env.

Edit: And Gnome 3 doesn't load :'(

Hmm, Think I'll give it a whirl in Virtual Box. Not to carried away with having it side by side with Windows on my HDD. And Live CD doesn't quite give it the repect it deserves....

I'll let youse know if it works in VB when 3D hardware emulation/acceleration is enabled in it.

Back
Top Bottom