Computer Speed Test

akim1220

Baseband Member
My laptop recently began running a lot slower than normal. I ran a virus/adware scan and both came out clean. Any recommendations on free computer speed test websites and other possible things I can do to try and make the computer faster?

CCleaner. Remove StartUp programs and unknown Services.

Edit: You should not trust a website to prod and probe your computer. You have no idea on how much access your giving and to who. There's probably some disclaimer on their site somewhere as well that they mine personal information. Maybe not, but I still wouldn't trust a site that anyone can setup that promise free computer diagnostics.

CCleaner. Remove StartUp programs and unknown Services.

Edit: You should not trust a website to prod and probe your computer. You have no idea on how much access your giving and to who. There's probably some disclaimer on their site somewhere as well that they mine personal information. Maybe not, but I still wouldn't trust a site that anyone can setup that promise free computer diagnostics.

Good point. I just thought there would be a reliable website. I ran CC cleaner and virus scan already and still the same. Running disk defrag to see if that helps at all.

Defrag will boost speed, but in reality, you typically don't notice the results. Have you removed your startup programs and services?

I've deleted the programs under the start up menu in programs. Are there other programs and services that are not listed under the start up in another place?

Yes, type in "msconfig" in the Run (XP) or Search (Vista/7) prompt and you'll get another window, go to the startup tab.

if something is thrashing the disk i/o this will slow your computer down. Open task manager click processes tab, view > select columns, Tick I/O Read / Writes

Now look at the top processes using your disk i/o, is there anything that shouldnt be there? ??

I think that this software for computer speed test is very helpful for you to update our system.if when you feel any little problem speed in your system then you can update and then your system working on routine and work fastly.

Back
Top Bottom