Ubuntu 11.04 ?

I hope the icons can be made smaller... I have to back up my laptop before I install, and that's likely to take a while.

Yeah, they could've do that with the same fading thing like with the menus. I miss my eyeballs :(
And why did they take the weather thing out of the calendar? That was a feature I liked in 10.10.
Yeah. It looks like pointless styling to me =/
The icons in the sidebar? AFAIK it's not possible.
I'm sure it's possible some way. I really wish I could move it to my right monitor though, would make things a /lot/ nicer for me.

Ubuntu 11.04, upgraded from 10.10 on my notebook computer. So far, works flawlessly. I don't care for Unity, so I boot using Ubuntu Classic (Gnome).

What other changes have been made, outside of Unity? I know that FF4 is on there, and they have installed Libre Office which is apparently an offshoot of Open Office.org, but what else would compel an upgrade?

What other changes have been made, outside of Unity? I know that FF4 is on there, and they have installed Libre Office which is apparently an offshoot of Open Office.org, but what else would compel an upgrade?

They changed the music player to Banshee and there are numerous little enhancements everywhere. The software center doesn't have that lag anymore after you click Install on something.

Hrm. I'm unfamiliar with Banshee. I've been experimenting with Exaile lately because the interface works a bit better. Either way, then, I will have to rate my music all over again.

Hrm. I'm unfamiliar with Banshee. I've been experimenting with Exaile lately because the interface works a bit better. Either way, then, I will have to rate my music all over again.

It's not much different than the music player in Ubuntu 10.10, I think you'll get used to it rather quickly.

Hm. I'm on 10.04. Looks like it Banshee will import the ratings from Rhythmbox, though it takes issue with tracks that are missing the encoding type suffix (ex. .mp3) and apparently it's biased against .38 Special for some reason.

Still haven't gotten around to backing this laptop up, yet. Definitely going to use the hard-LAN for that, though.

Back
Top Bottom