eMail Client

pdizzy

Beta member
Hi

My current eMail account is with Hotmail and at one time I used Outlook Express to read my mail. Now Microsoft has stopped supporting Outlook Express I am looking for a good eMail client. I have tried Windows LIVE but that does not really meet my needs. I need a client that will down load all my messeges in all the folder that I have on Hotmail.

The reason I need a client - Hotmail, although it does a good job with the spam/junk, nowadays spam/junk comes from invalid sources. Althought the subject line can be the same, what is after the @ can be anything. Therefore I am constantly using the Block command which does not really block out the spam as it will reapeare comming with a different ending - spam@pibnbyuvu.com then spam@qwrwetry.com, etc.....

So, does anyone know of an eMail client that will allow me to download ALL my folders and messeges from Hotmail?

Thanks

PD

Hi

I have tried Thunderbird but it will only download my 'Inbox' - unless I have set it up wrong. Evolution I have not yet tried.

Thanks

PD

Hi

I have tried Thunderbird but it does not download the directory structure that I have on Hotmail - which is what I want.

Thanks

PD

If you used POP as the email settings that might explain why it didn't get your folders. Just learned in class today that POP3 doesn't officially support the concept of folders. If Hotmail supports it, use IMAP.

Back
Top Bottom