Get rid of bios and windows vista passwords

mikee

Fully Optimized
I don't know either passwords on my sisters computer so what I would like to know is when the laptop starts it immediately asks for the bios password but there to my knowledge is a windows vista password which I do not know but I need on it desperately. Thanks

Mikee286, You know that we can't help with the removal of passwords, site rules.

You can try to reset the password in Vista with command prompt.
1. Press F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options just before the Windows loading screen appears.
2. Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
3. Log in with an administrator account when you can see the log on screen.
4. Type net user in the command prompt and then hit Enter. All the Windows account user names will be listed for you.
5. Type net user Helen 123 and hit Enter.
‘Helen' is your locked Windows account user name. And ‘123' is the new password you want to reset for the account.
If you cannot enter the safe mode, I'm afraid you have to create a password reset disk with a CD or USB drive as follows. Otherwise, reinstallation will be your only choice.
Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 in any computer from its official site

Step 2: Use CD/DVD/USB drive to create a password disk via the program.
Step 3: Boot your locked computer from CD/DVD or USB
Step 4: Recover Vista password with the burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive.

Mikee286, You know that we can't help with the removal of passwords, site rules.

I'd like to know where that rule is, because I just double checked, and didn't find anything about password reset :p

Anyways, if I were you, I'd ask your sister for it.

i think it was because I was asking to get past the password of on a computer that isn't mine but there are circumstances but right now the cops have the computer I want to get files off of

Well uh ok. My sister died on the 14th but no one seems to know what caused it. She was training a show dog and just collapsed. Her boyfriend found her in the backyard with a dog still out but she apparently just collapsed. But anyway the cops had to come and they took all the computers for investigation including one of mine that was here (A hole cops) But before they did I wanted to put together a memorial dvd of some stuff for her friends all the content of which is on the computer behind a bios password and windows vistas password. Also I wanted to later put the computer to good use after all that.

My life has just been a mess the past few weeks.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that! It must be hard times for you indeed.
Well, if that can help you out, for the BIOS password, you'd need to clear the CMOS, and I'd probably look Active password changer.

Take care man, stay strong.

how do you clear the bios on a laptop though I don't know where the little battery is or even if there is one

Back
Top Bottom