Router to recieve a wireless wifi signal

Dieter

Baseband Member
Ok so Im in the military and in our barracks there is a crappy wifi connection that you have to pay to use which is fine. I just moved into a new barracks and it'll be monday before I can get my real internet connection changed to this building. So my question is I have a wireless/wired linksys wrt54g v8.2 router. How can I get this router to recieve the wifi signal in the barracks? My laptop has an internal wireless card and I HAD a wireless usb adapter but it got lost in the move. The endstate I would like to achieve is having 1 ethernet cable hooked up to my router and be able to access wireless signals using my router, like the wifi that my laptop is on. I have windows 7 ultimate on my desktop that I would like this to work with.

If there is a wifi signal already in the building then you don't need a router, just connect your laptop to the signal.

Awesome the repeater thing worked! On my desktop as we speak woot :) Thank you very much

Casey is in Area 1 north of Yongsan. Last Camp before Camp Warrior up at DMZ. I was 1-72 Armor Battalion as a Forward observer/

i as an FO for 3 years in Texas, was never deployed, but loved the training and learned a great deal =)

Back
Top Bottom