Need to remove one of two dns addresses

WhereBob

In Runtime
My windows 7 pc is configured to use two different DNS ip addresses. How can I remove one of these addresses without going into the local area connection properties?

edit hosts file, lmhosts file or other options?

Thanks
Bob

How is your computer connected to the internet? Via a router/modem?
Find the device that runs the DHCP server on your network (probably a router) and modify its DNS servers so that it only uses/leases your preferred one.

I dont know of a way to change it locally without changing the local area connection properties, but the above way is how i'd do it

does your computer use dhcp or static ip??

If it uses DHCP you can change the dns settings on the dhcp server / router

does your computer use dhcp or static ip??

If it uses DHCP you can change the dns settings on the dhcp server / router
Static

How is your computer connected to the internet? Via a router/modem?
Find the device that runs the DHCP server on your network (probably a router) and modify its DNS servers so that it only uses/leases your preferred one.
router

Is your static ip set in the local area connection properties? or is it obtained from the router, but the router makes sure you always get the same one? Coz if you already have the local area connection properties modified, why not just set the dns servers to what you want (directly below the ip settings in the local area connection properties dialog), or do you not have admin rights or something on the computer?

What is the model number of the router? perhaps I can point you in the direction of how to set the dns servers from within it, that is of course if your computer is retreiving its 'static' ip from the router

in your task bar u will see to blinking computers just click on it click on properties.here u can select automatic DNS configure....

Back
Top Bottom