Facebook Chat

everything that goes onto facebook has to go onto their servers, it doesnt just float around in a cloud. in chat, you send your message to the server, which in turn sends it to your friend. The facebook servers will be many hundreds of Terabytes, if not multiple Exabytes in size, and nothing that goes onto facebook leaves in a hurry. Even if you delete a post, the post is still stored on the servers, it just isnt displayed on your wall.

With the new chat/message system, Facebook saves all chats in the messages section. They now consider chats and messages as one running conversation. You not only need to clear the chat window now, you need to delete the "conversation" in your messages section also.

oh really...........i didn't know about this ... this is not good.... but thanks for the info....

Who cares if the chats or messages are saved? Nobody can read them except you, same as your email. I don't understand the issue.

but i think there should be an option to choose to save chat or not.... any ways... this is not so bad.....

They have improved the chat system. Now you can delete individual messages, not the whole "conversation" at one time as I posted earlier.

try to "clear windows" ..it deletes the chat history..
anyways fb only keeps the chat history for 24hours, and then it gets deleted automatically.

Man, man, man. First of all, no offense to anyone in favor of the Facebook chat.

I honestly don't like it either. If there's one instant messenger I don't get the vibes with, it's Facebook's chat.

Of course, here are some keypoints:
- Emoticons suck. They just blow away all the 'exciting' feeling of the talk. Ex. The ':O' looks like a scared something rather than a suprised person. Suggestion: Better change it for something else and add new emoticons.

- Unsavable Logs? (Problem with logs) Some are savable (I'm not sure about this), sometimes - the logs are actually savable. But when it comes to slow internet connections, they load pretty slow and if you open a new chat log (especially when the history is cleared), everything is erased. No proof! No evidence! Argh!

Thumbs down. No offense, really. I appreciate is as a social site, I just don't like the Facebook chat feature (it is extremely helpful!)

Can a school have the right to look at your messages and look at your profile without being your friend.

Can a school have the right to look at your messages and look at your profile without being your friend.

That's your fault for not setting the correct permissions. Other people can only see what you let them see.

Back
Top Bottom