Win 7 & HD problems please read and help if you can!

N3r0sic

Solid State Member
i recentley got a load of viruses on my computer i have managed to get rid of all 46 of them but now i want to re-install windows 7, but the only problem is when i load in the disc and try and install windows 7 it does not find my hard drive, the only drive it finds is my 1TB external which obviously i cannot install windows on that, its like my main hard driver has just dissappeared from the pc but yet it still start up and still shows up in the "my compter" window, just doesnt show up in the window where you have to select which driver to load windows onto.

if anyone can help with this it would be awsome!

cheers

What is the make and model of your HDD? I remember reading something a while ago about Win 7 or Vista having trouble reading certain HDD drives (or maybe it was SSD drives). You might have to load the drivers for your HDD during the installation process.

hey cheers for the reply, i have been able to install windows 7 on this hd before its just this time its not finding the HD...weird though cos my computer is still starting up and running:confused:

hey i had a look on google couldnt see anything :/....also if the HDD was dead it wouldnt still be booting up...im thinking im gonna try and put another HDD into my comp and see what happens

does the hard-drive vibrate when you turn the computer on?? If not the hard-drive is dead

its definatly not dead as i am on the computer right now, and im able to access it through my computer and my comp starts up

Hey. In order for me to help you, I need you to answer a few questions for me.

1. What is the make and model # of the HDD you are having a problem with?
Go to Device Manager and go to disk drives to find your HDD.

2. Does turning on SATA Native mode help? (if your HDD uses SATA, of course)

Back
Top Bottom