Wireless Internet Connection on Windows XP keeps disconnecting

BirdyMan2.0

Solid State Member
Hello,
I have a Windows XP Dell Dimension 1100, and because my router is downstairs while the computer is upstairs, I have to use a wireless connection. Because my computer is fairly old, I have to use an external wireless adapter, which is a Belkin Wireless G USB Adapter. Anyways, I share my wireless network connection with my local area connection, so that I can play Xbox LIVE. My computer is connected to the Xbox via ethernet cord, reason being why I share with the local area connection. Whenever I try to play online with friends, I can connect fine, but within about 15 minutes of gameplay, my wireless internet disconnects for a total of about 5 seconds, causing all online activity on the Xbox to disconnect. It doesn't bother me when I browse the web, but it severely ruins the purpose of playing Xbox. I tried changing my wireless channel from the router default, but that didn't affect anything. It also isn't my phone ringing either, because the internet stays connected whenever it does ring. Please help, I can't even play Xbox anymore! :(

Back
Top Bottom