Slow Web Server

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hello People,

I'm a little bit confused at this little problem of mine.
Basically i have hosted my own web server for the best part of 3 years now with the same broadband connection. This has been for poor attempts at building successfull websites but mainly for easy file access. I tend to keep my anti virus, anti spyware and useful tools in my web server folder so that if i go round a friends house and he has an issue i can pop on the internet and download the file!! Simple!!

Anyway there is the background to the issue which isnt really necessary but heres the tricky part. I've not had any issues until the last few months wen i rebooted my computer and since then i have had horrible "connection speeds"

Basically here is a link to a 25mb odd zip fil (tor browser)MK Radio
Now when i click this on a computer external to mine it takes about 2 minutes to even bring up the download dialog box. Once this is up and it begins downloading i can get speeds from 200 - 400kb which suggests that my download or upload speed is ok.

It is simply the initial conenction to the file which is taking a very long time? Any ideas?

It seems to me like it's the computer that's a bit overloaded. You should monitor it to see what happens when the connection comes in.

I would initially suspect something is using a lot of RAM.

Hmmmm ok i might onsider getting an old box of mine which is lower spec but running that as my dedicated server, the server i'm using at the moment is also used as my part time regular desktop.

Obviously this is anything from ideal but its only hosting a few files i need acces to. So i may swap it out with another computer and have it as dedicated?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom