Help transferring Wordpress!

Tandyman100

Baseband Member
Ok, I USED to have a Debian server with my whole website on it in Wordpress. This took me forever to configure, but then the server decided to stop booting, so I grabbed /var/www and /var/bin/mysql (i think that was it) onto a flash drive, and left the server.

Flash-foward to a couple weeks later, and my Pentium 4 server has died, and I have to use a Pentium III that linux refuses to work on correctly, so I am running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise with Wampserver2.

I copied /www from the flashdrive onto the wampserver /www, and put the mysql database files into their proper folders, but now when I visit my website i get "cannot connect to database".

Any ideas?

I don't entirely understand you. I'm a total nooblet at this, so I'm a little clueless here. I need to go into some wordpress config file and find what it's using to log into the database, then go into phpmyadmin and create that user with those credentials that has read/write access to the wordpress database?

yes you are right.....Go to wp-config.php and look the login credential create the DB and grant access to the user. Then import your old database into it.

Wait, import it? I don't have an exported backup. I have the *actual* database files. I can just drop those in, right?

Sounds easy enough to fix </famous_last_words>

Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom