All HP Printers stopped working on 2008 print server

dobyguy

Beta member
I came in this morning to a mess of trouble with printers. I have a Windows 2008 file/print server. None of the HP printers are working. I can connect, attempt to print and I get a pop up that says the job was sent to the printer but the job never prints and it never gets out of the queue. Finally the job in the queue errors.

I am able to print to other printers (sharp, Xerox) on that print server. I can print to the HP printers if I install them on different machines. I would rather get them running on our 2008 server though since that is where everyone is pointing. I have tried updating the drivers with the same no printing result. I am not seeing very many errors in my logs that suggest where to look.

I think it is unrelated but last night, I upgraded the backup exec agent that is on that server. The server rebooted after that and I have experienced these problems today. This has happened before on HP but it was different. I am about ready to not get any more HP printers because they are not very manageable on the domain (my experience).

Any help would be appreciated!

dobyguy

Back
Top Bottom