mysql or postgresql?

sahabcse

In Runtime
I am going to start a image hosting website, for choosing opensource database I am little bit confuse, please suggest me which one I choose "mysql" or postgresql?

Note: I need to do performance tuning

When considering the performance tuning you should go with 'postgresql', mainly because it gives you huge amount of features and almost look like Oracle DB. But for MySQL it is fast and easy to handle. It depends on you to choose which one.

And get some help from some server admins. Logon to cyberls.com, so that our admins can help you in detail. And i hope you will find some exciting VPS hosting packages that start at 9.99USD per month.

MySQL has long been assumed to be the faster but featureless of the two database systems, while PostgreSQL was assumed to be a more densely featured database system often described as an open-source version of Oracle. So I plan to choose postgresql

In overall it will be better for you to go with postgresql. If you are looking for a simple and easy DB then MySQL.

To be honest this is one of the "if you have to ask the question, it doesn't really matter" types. If you need all the features that postgresql gives then go with that, but the fact you're asking suggests that you probably don't. If that's the case then it really doesn't matter a great deal!

Back
Top Bottom