Build Log: TrishaX

Grantofhell

Fully Optimized
So, since it's been a while. I set aside some cash and decided to change things up a bit

Like the last time, there will be little talk and mostly pictures. Thanks JCB for upping the picture cap in posts.

100_0710.jpg

100_0708.jpg

Work will begin on this stage for a little while. As some of you know, sleeving is not what one would call "easy".

And for those who are curious, that's 200 (two hundred) feet of 1/8 sleeving.

Black and yellow ^^

At this point, I would like to note that this is NOT for the faint at heart. It takes a lot of patience, and finger-pain tolerance :p
Seriously, though...I've been at this since ~3:30, and finished for the night around 11:00 with minimal breaks, and as you will see in the pictures...I'm literally only half done, plus or minus one cable. This is all aside from sleeving the modular cables.

I suppose I should also share with you all the gold mine that @Cole19 and I discovered. That being the cable sleeving you see on the PSU. It's actually #450 weight para-cord, which when hollowed of its cord, makes a beautiful sleeving. It comes in many different colors and is 1/8th inch in size +/- 1/32-1/64". But, best of all...it's CHEAP!

linky - http://shop.vtarmynavy.com/parachute-cord-p1454.aspx

Pics taken while doing the sleeving. vvv

100_0712.jpg

100_0713.jpg

100_0715.jpg

100_0719.jpg

100_0721.jpg

100_0722.jpg

100_0724.jpg

100_0727.jpg

100_0728.jpg

100_0731.jpg

^^^ Tomorrow's main focus.
100_0732.jpg

You're sleeving the PSU cables themselves? From what I've seen, most people buy extensions and sleeve them so it doesn't mess up the warranty.

Either way, looking good. Will you be doing any modding to the case itself?

curious, does not sleeving individual wires make it all bulkier?
I think it would look tidier if wires were bundled into as few sleeves as possible.
Or, is there more yet to come?

You're sleeving the PSU cables themselves? From what I've seen, most people buy extensions and sleeve them so it doesn't mess up the warranty.

Either way, looking good. Will you be doing any modding to the case itself?

The PSU was only 200 and I've come to expect pretty good things out of Corsair. I sincerely doubt I'll be needing the warranty before I'm due for a new PSU. I think Corsair allows you to do your own sleeving so long as you don't open the casing.
Stay tuned for phase two ;p

curious, does not sleeving individual wires make it all bulkier?
I think it would look tidier if wires were bundled into as few sleeves as possible.
Or, is there more yet to come?

It makes it a bit bulkier but all-the-while easier to route. Plus it looks so much better. The cables are loosely sleeved right now, so it looks a bit disheveled.

Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow

I don't think I even have the patience to sleeve just a 24-pin myself. Looks pretty sweet though!

All done. *phew* I'll be taking a few pics and uploading. It still needs a little work, but I'm not too concerned with the end at the PSU, itself. My main concern is one of the 24 pins, and one of 6+2 pins. Broken, and need to be replaced. I'll grab those both off of another PSU and do that. But I was curious to see if they would work as is. I'll be on to SATA and fan cabling, soon.

lol Cabbs, this won't be the same black and yellow the aluminus was - This will, hopefully, be much better!

Pics

100_0742.jpg

100_0743.jpg

100_0746.jpg

100_0747.jpg

Back
Top Bottom