Ethernet to usb adapter??? Do they exist?

krakaslap

Beta member
My laptops usb ports both finally broke, as in the middle piece of the port broke off. Is there any type of adapter that i can plug into my ethernet port and it will give me a usb port so i can connect my printer phone or whatever to my laptop? My laptop does not have bluetooth so im kinda screwed on printing things for now.

If there is no such type of adapter how would one go about replacing the ports?

The USB ports are most likely soldered to the motherboard. Would be a major pain in the ass to replace. You would probably need to replace the motherboard. However, if you just needed to print there are wireless print server devices that would probably work for you. Maybe one of these may work?

The USB ports are most likely soldered to the motherboard. Would be a major pain in the ass to replace. You would probably need to replace the motherboard. However, if you just needed to print there are wireless print server devices that would probably work for you. Maybe one of these may work?

well i use my phone alot to tether the internet to my phone and the only connection i have is through usb. How much are motherboards generally? And how much would it cost me to take the computer in and have somebody replace it for me?

well i use my phone alot to tether the internet to my phone and the only connection i have is through usb. How much are motherboards generally? And how much would it cost me to take the computer in and have somebody replace it for me?

The price of a new motherboard will depend on the laptop manufacturer. Is the laptop still under warranty? If so, I would send it in for repair. If not, a repair shop may be able to just replace the USB ports as long as the motherboard itself isn't damaged. Not sure what they would charge for that, though. I'd call a bunch of different shops in your area and see what they say.

@disturbed13: He's talking about going the other way. He wanted to plug a device into his network port that would turn it into a USB port.

thank you so much! thats exactly what i needed i just bought ta da 1

I hate to be a buzz killer, but if you read the description carefully you will see that the device in question is specifically for modems or routers with USB ports. It won't turn a network port into a regular USB port the way you think it will.

Back
Top Bottom