Wireless Router

zackcon2

In Runtime
Ok im looking for a decent router for under $60. it will be used for some gamming but not much since it will be at my grandmothers house. also i just got a brand new desktop for christmas (atleast most of it) and was hoping to get a wireless card for it that will handle very heavy loads from games. it has a ASUS P7P55D-E Pro mobo so there is plenty of room under my gtx 465. if you could source off newegg.com it would be a great help...that way i dount pay taxes and cheaper shipping!

Thats the one I just setup for a client last week. He loves it and games constantly he on the 360 and his son on his ps3 at the same time and neither has any issues at all.

cool sounds good! anyone know of a wireless card for a desk top that is good? it would be very usefull for when i take it places even though it is huge lol.

i would think the internal would work better and would have less chance being torn up so would rather that. which is better or just bout same?

the wireless card for my descktop will practically be used on lyinksys almost 24/7. also in the commets about the product there is lots of it wont work with windows and im going to be running win xp/ win7. so that not looking so good from that. also its does not have 802.11 n.

Um, sorry guys but I don't agree with going with just a b/g speed router/adapter. With the prices coming down so far on N speed equipment, you might as well make the jump to it now.

Here's my current router (the price is usually around $50 as it's on sale often, though not right now).
Here's one I've used for many clients. Not as many features, but still decent.
Here's one that's alright, but only if you want to use DD-WRT. I've read good things about it from people who do use it that way, but the stock firmware is shotty from just a quick google search.

Here's an adapter.

FYI, almost ALWAYS, if you are going to be gaming, you should go wired. Just a little forewarning. Most hardcore gamers I know won't put up with wireless. It has it's limitations.

good advice dude one question for the user would be does his internet connection even have the capabilities for N speed? If it doesnt why waste the money on it? If it can then I would advise he uses yours if not then stick with b/g connection becuase the n will be a waste of money..

Back
Top Bottom