I'm really clueless

vitaminclutch

Beta member
Alright guys here is the situation....
A friend of mine went to college and her parents thought it would be a good idea to system restore the computer to the day they got it....the computer is a dell desktop and they use a nic card to connect to their router.
All was well with their internet until they system restored and now they cannot access the internet. I went over there today and re installed the latest drivers and ended up discovering the only way i could connect to their network was to manually set an IP address and DNS.
The problem here lies that i can connect to their router....i have a signal strength of very good, a status saying connected and even a 58 mbps connection speed...however i cannot get a browser to open. They have other laptops in the house that connect just fine through their wireless...i even contacted the nic card support and he directed me to the dns settings....Im not really sure of what else to try....a little help please?

What are the following?
Operating System:
Manufacturer and Card:
or
What's the dell model number?

sorry for the delay been busy running back and fourth to their house....operating system is xp not sure if its pro or not can't remember
manufacturer of the card is rosewill
model number i will have to get back to you
the computer is not a beast by any means it is just used as a regular web browsing text document viewing computer

First, go to the below site to get the drivers for your card.
Rosewill.com - Download Center for Driver, User Manual , Firmware, Application

Click Start
Right click on Computer and select Properties
Go to the Hardware tab
Click Device Manager

Go down to, and expand Network Adapters
Right click on the appropriate NIC and select Properties

Go to the Driver tab
Click Uninstall

Go to below site and download CCleaner
Piriform - Download CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy - Millions of users worldwide!

Open CCleaner and click on the Registry Cleaner on the left
Click Scan for issues
When that completes click Fix Selected Issues
When prompted, make a backup of the registry
Now click Fix All Selected Issues
Close CCleaner and turn off the computer.
Completely unplug it and let it sit for about a minute

Fire it back up and go back to the Device Manager but now you should see a device with a yellow question mark. If not then you can manually add it.
Right click, Update Driver
Advanced Install
Don't Search, I will choose the driver to install.
Network Adapters > Next
Have Disk
Point to the driver that you downloaded from the site above

See if that works, you may have to restart but it should work right away.

Back
Top Bottom