WTB Video card - UK

Danny93

In Runtime
Looking to buy a video card. Post what you have and if I am interested then I will post a reply.

If you live near me then I could do a personal collection... (Liverpool, Manchester, etc.)

I have a 512MB Asus 8600GT Silent Cooling (passive heatsink).

As you can see, I live in St Helens, so if you are interested, once a deal is sorted, by all means, pick up, you are only, at most, a 20 mins drive/train journey away

It's PCI-E right?
Not really what I'm looking for but it may do as a temporary card.. How much are you after?

It is indeed PCIe. £20 and it is yours.

Also, if you can wait until after Yule, I may have my 5770 up for sale, seeing how prices go on other cards as I may be upgrading, but that is an if, and depends on funds. Having just dropped £160 on my case, don't have a whole lot in the way of funds at the moment

I would be willing to pay £20 but I think I'd rather wait for that 5770. Plus I'd have more money after Christmas because of the amount I've been spending in the past 2 weeks.. Any idea what you would be looking for when you are getting rid of it?

Either a GTX460 or a 6870, it depends on which is cheaper, I would prefer the latter for size, overclocked performance and Physx, but I don't have a preference between ATi and Nvidia

I mean, in terms of how much you would be selling for :p I think they perform about the same. I'd probably go for the 460 though, then you have 3D, Cuda etc.

I mean, in terms of how much you would be selling for :p I think they perform about the same. I'd probably go for the 460 though, then you have 3D, Cuda etc.

I can't afford 3D stuff, and I don't have 120Hz monitors, they are only 60, so can't use 3D, only feature that gives Nvidia the edge here is Physx, but tehre aren't a whole lot of games that use it.

As for how much to sell it, it would depend entirely on how much disposable funds I have, but around £80-90. It is XFX, so has double warranty, meaning even if sold on, it is still covered, and has original box, disc, manual etc, so is like having a brand new card

Back
Top Bottom