Computer system diagrams???

fredstek

Baseband Member
Where can i find some kind of diagram or info on all the connections in computers? I am looking for something real simple that explains all the standard connections inside a computer. I know some things are different and cant always be the same like the cpu socket.

Thanks for any links or help on this :)

Something like this?

1277721778095.jpg

Fullsize here.

Yeah thanks thats pretty good but are there any kind of things that show where they are on the actual motherboard?

Yeah but these are all the peripheral connections to the motherboard. Is there anything that shoes the ports on the motherboard?

Yeah but these are all the peripheral connections to the motherboard. Is there anything that shoes the ports on the motherboard?

What other ports are you talking about?

Those pretty much are the ports. The only thing I really saw that was missing was the power switch/light headers which varies depending on the motherboard and USB headers for front-panel USB.

Check here later on tomorrow, will create a list of "common" ports on a motherboard with diagram to illustrate it so you know what to look for. Will do it tomorrow though, getting late now, just watch this post. Basically, if you know what something looks like, such as a CPU socket, fan header, CPU power connector etc, you just have to hunt around the board as the layout changes slightly from board to board

Back
Top Bottom