Dell Optiplex 745 + Upgrades

Stealth2

Beta member
I just purchased a 745 off of eBay for $145.

It came with a Dual Core Pentium D 3GHz, 2GB-DDR2/667MHz, 80GB SATA HDD, and DVD-Rom/CDRW.

Well I did a few upgrades to it by adding another 2GB-DDR2/667MHz, Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive, and a Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64 MB Cache.

It's not a bad system for having a little over $200 tied up in it.

I'm thinking of buying a SSD for the operating system. It will be a later upgrade if I do.

This system will do me fine for the stuff I do on it.

I have an optiplex 755, they were throwing them away at work so I took one home. I upgraded it by buying a quad processor and an SSD for it. They are nice desktops

If it is one of the desktop models, I'm fairly sure they use standard ATX power supplies. I would make that would be the next upgrade if I were you. Looking like a very good system for what you payed for it, but getting rid of the heap of junk PSU that Dell stick in their systems can only be good. It isn't exactly an expensive upgrade either seeing as how a low wattage unit will power it, I mean:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371003

would be much, much higher quality and only $16 after MIR with shipping included

Back
Top Bottom