Router

Bigdawg

Baseband Member
i have a connection speed of 7mbps from my provider and i bought a wireless router which is a cisco valet and it knocked my speed down to 3mbps and it says it has connection speeds up to 300mbps thats not the reason i got it mainly for my laptop but i wanted a router with at least the same speed as the connection that i get my provider r at least a lil faster so what im getting to is does anybody no a good router that will do what i just mentioned up above please help thanks

Good Morning bigdawg! I found an interesting forum that discusses this. Also, take a look at this wiki. It may clear up some of the confusion in regards to the differences in data rate units when discussing connection speeds. I'm assuming your wireless router is Draft 802.11n, does your laptop support 802.11n (either internally or with an expansion card)? Good luck!

It does support that that draft b,g,n all three of them all im tryin to figure out if its my router or do i need a new one cause like i said i have a regular high speed connection from my provider but when i hooked up the router it cut it in half so im trying to figure out why so do i need a new one are what thats all im tryn to find out please let me no some one please....

actually it says on my network card for my laptop it says 802.11 a/g/n

Your wireless router will need to support channel bonding in order to reach the theoretical speed of 300 megabits per second. Utilizing one channel with 802.11n cuts the top end in half to ~150 megabits per second. What is the model number of the router you are using?

M10

i just wanted to tell those have helped me which is only two but anyways i was messing around on my router and on google and i reset my router and it is running faster now like it should so just wanted to let you people no so i dont need no more help but thanks again for those who did try to help thanxs. @Crandon Systems

Back
Top Bottom