Laptop & Internet?

lostsoul62

Baseband Member
I'm trying to connect a 5 year old laptop to the Internet using a RJ45 to a Router which is the 3rd computer and the other 2 work fine. I'm using COX cable broadband. I can't get a local area network under Network Connections and I'm using XP can anyone help? I figure I'm missing some drivers or something?

If there's no local area connection at all under network connections, it indeed sounds like you are in need of drivers. Find out the hardware info and put it into google to find the driver and that should take care of it.

If you have a local area connection, but it just is showing disconnected, try a known working ethernet cable from one of the other computers. If it works with the other cable, buy a new cable.

That's all I got with the info given.

Yes definately sounds like missing drivers.

Right Click on MY COMPUTER>go to Properties>Device Manager (might have to go to the hardware tab to find device manager button). Look for any that have a yellow triangle w/ ! inside it. Those are the missing drivers. If you go to the laptop's manufacturer's website they should provide the necessary drivers.

Back
Top Bottom