timing out pages

dude_se

Proper Legend
firstly, let me say that the upgrade looks nice :) but not so sure about the logo (needs updating too).

ok, ive just moved into a new shared house (im a student). im connected to the router via wireless. it has a problem which sometimes means pges time out and do not load. even google. it will attempt to load it, and just time out, but other times it will work fine. it is working fine now (because im posting this), but its still not as fast as it should be. the wierd thing was, last night (well at 2am) it wasnt working for ages, but spotify was working fine :S i even found a torrent file (legal of course), and that was downloading. just no web pages :S but msn wouldnt work either. its very confusing.

just a recap. sometimes my internet works fine, sometimes it times out, but spotify and torrents appear to be working still. i dont think anyone is on the network atm so i should have the full speed, etc, which speed test reconed a few days ago was 17mb.

and its not my laptop, phone has the same problem. ideas?

My first idea is to check for firmware updates for the router and see how that helps.

Also something to consider if you are not the only one on the router is that torrenting can really mess with some routers. When I was at my old girlfriend's place if either of us were downloading anything browsing sucked. So I'd make sure your roommates are not downloading anything when you are having the issues.

well i dont really know them, but 2 of them are doing masters degrees at uni, so are very busy (and id be willing to bet they dont download), and the other one even told me how he felt downloading was a big NO NO, so dont think thats the problem, but who knows. it works fine now, which is strange as its the day time. why would it pack up at 2am. everyone was asleep too :S

the routers in one of the guys rooms so guess i will just have to ask him

Back
Top Bottom