got some ram for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmoley

Beta member
Hi i was doing a office clearance the other day when i stumbled across a pc/server thingy i opened it up but there was no cpu so i was going to scrap it untill in the corner of the machine i found a a single samsung 8gb 2rx4 pc3-10600r covered in a heatsink. i want to get rid of it because my machine only supports ddr2 so i cant use it.

this ram is used and untested due to i cant do any tests

Please read the rules of the forum, you need to have a picture of the item with a handwritten note with your username and date on it. Please do this immediately.

1003298.jpg

here is a picture of it sorry for the size but it needs to be big so u can see the sticker

thanks for the reply.

That's a great price - However I've been doing some research, and it turns out that while my motherboard can support buffered memory, it can't support registered memory.

If I where you, i'd keep my eye on: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_kw=8gb&_kw=2rx4&_kw=pc3&_kw=10600r

See how much they go for, then you could list them on eBay for a similar price.

That memory sells for at least £400 new.

man it sounds fishy that some random company will have a server that supports ECC DDR3 RAM sitting around to be thrown away bc it has no CPU... do you work for enron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom