How far should my subwoofer be from my case?

Solid.snake

Beta member
First post!

OK so I just got my first 5.1 surround sound system (Logitech X-530's). The picture roughly shows my setup, and I want to know where I should be putting my subwoofer. It used to be on top of the case before, but then I heard about electromagnetic waves or something that can damage the components inside my case. So it's on top of my desk for now. (I have an LCD monitor btw).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33834140@N03/4875409951/

How did you guys set up your speakers? Any tips for me? I use these speakers for a little bit of everything (videos, movies, music, games).

Thanks! :)

The last time I used a set up with a sub-woofer I placed it out of site, behind the sofa.

I personally think they sound better when they're on the floor and out of site; the low Fq audio is non directional so you don't need to see the sub' and they're best on sturdy ground.

The last time I used a set up with a sub-woofer I placed it out of site, behind the sofa.

I personally think they sound better when they're on the floor and out of site; the low Fq audio is non directional so you don't need to see the sub' and they're best on sturdy ground.
Alright I tried it out and it works pretty well. Thanks :)

Also, make sure you don't put it in a corner or near a wall. The added vibrations will give a very off sound that you just do not want in most cases

Its best on the floor under your desk.
DIDN'T you get instructions ?
Don't put ANYTHING on top of the case especially a SUB (low) on the floor
Woofer.I have studied this for years.

First post!

OK so I just got my first 5.1 surround sound system (Logitech X-530's). The picture roughly shows my setup, and I want to know where I should be putting my subwoofer. It used to be on top of the case before, but then I heard about electromagnetic waves or something that can damage the components inside my case. So it's on top of my desk for now. (I have an LCD monitor btw).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33834140@N03/4875409951/

How did you guys set up your speakers? Any tips for me? I use these speakers for a little bit of everything (videos, movies, music, games).

Thanks! :)

I decided to see you picture.Put the Subwoofer where the case is.
Put the Tower on the desk,L or R .
Everything else is OK.

Definitely put a sub in a corner if you can, the resulting bass is enough to reduce me to jizz..in..my pants. (cough).

Also, I have a tower <5' away from my sub and it's never been an issue, though the farther, the better, just for sanity's sake. I actually had two computers closer than 5' from the sub recently and nothing bad happened to them then either.

Otherwise, enjoy.

Most speaker manuals, btw, don't come with ideal placement locations. You have to experiment or look up help for best placement scenarios.

DIDN'T you get instructions ?
As said above it's relatively rare for speakers to come with specific placement instructions - for the sole reason that it'll vary wildly depending on the room you put them in!

Definitely put a sub in a corner if you can, the resulting bass is enough to reduce me to jizz..in..my pants. (cough).
There's no hard and fast rule that it'll produce the most bass when put in a corner!

As said above it's relatively rare for speakers to come with specific placement instructions - for the sole reason that it'll vary wildly depending on the room you put them in!

There's no hard and fast rule that it'll produce the most bass when put in a corner!

Mine came with Instructions as SubWoofers wireing needs it.
Note : I now have $13 Sony Headphones.Fantastic sound.:D

Back
Top Bottom