Looking for a Good Gaming Laptop

Warren1

In Runtime
Thank you in advance for reading this. I am looking for a good gaming laptop and wonder if I should get a Sony Vaio F Series, HP Pavillion dv8t, series, or if something else would be better. Please post if you think something is not neccessary or that I could get cheaper.

Sony Vaio F Series:

Price: 1719.99

Specifications:

Intel® Core™ i7-840QM processor (1.86GHz) with Turbo Boost up to 3.20GHz (Reg. price $300.00)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Gray
320GB Hard Disk Drive (7200rpm) (Reg. price $55.00)
8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-SDRAM-1333 (Reg. price $300.00)
CD/DVD player/burner
16.4" VAIO Full HD Premium Display (1920x1080)
NVIDIA® GeForce® 330M GPU (1GB VRAM)
No Fresh Start
Adobe Bundle ($448 value.)
Microsoft® Office 2010 Starter
Norton Internet Securityâ„¢ 2010 (30 Day Trial)
No Engraving
Large capacity battery
LED Backlit Keyboard

HP Pavillion dv8t Series:

Price: 2,047.99

Specifications:

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-840QM processor (1.86GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz
8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
640GB 7200RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive (320GB x 2) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M [HDMI, VGA]
18.4" diagonal High Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920x1080p)
FREE Upgrade to Lightscribe Blu-ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
Webcam and Fingerprint Reader with HP Imprint Finish (Espresso Black)
Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
HP Integrated HDTV Hybrid Tuner
Standard Keyboard
8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard)
System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Microsoft(R) Office Starter 2010
No additional security software
Computrace LoJack for Laptops, Two Years

I would go with the HP Pavilion. I say this because of the added security features (fingerprint scanner & LoJack). Vaio's (from what I've heard several times over) have terrible battery life. I have owned an HP and the battery life was pretty good. Plus, you get the Windows Recovery DVD with the HP.

The LoJack and Recovery DVD isn't free for the HP which the offer, but Sony doesn't offer it or the fingerprint scanner so probbably the HP would be better.

Edit - What is LoJack's "geotechnology" if the computer only allows a fingerprint login but they want to hook it up to a wireless connection wouldn't the fingerprint make LoJack useless?

Back
Top Bottom