access denied for root@localhost(using password:yes)

gint59

Beta member
hi, I am working on my site which runs on tomcat server with mysql database developed in java. I am facing a problem while installing mysql. I have a website in my server which runs on joomla and wamp. So, when I install mysql as separate component(not the one present in wamp). I get the error 1045: access denied for root@localhost (using password yes). how can i get rid of this? trying to resolve since a week.
And can we have two mysql instances in a machine(mysql of wamp and individual mysql component) ?

You need to use mysqladmin to set the root password for the first time. Assuming my password here is bobby:

Code:
mysqladmin -u root password bobby

And can we have two mysql instances in a machine(mysql of wamp and individual mysql component) ?
Yup - but they'll need to be separate installations, using separate sockets and run on separate ports. It's possible but not what's generally done - the norm is to use the same install and just have separate databases with separate users (each user only having permissions for each database.) Beyond that there's not a whole lot of need for separate installations on the same server.

Back
Top Bottom