USB WLAN card connection problem

CrashOverride1

Solid State Member
Hello all,

Just joined today and very happy to be a member of the 'Computer Forum' community! :D

Anyway, down to the issue.

I am having trouble with my USB WLAN card that I use to connect to my router for the internet. I recently upgraded to a new computer that I built with a friend (I will post Specs below). Basically what keeps happening is, the USB device keeps dropping out or loosing connection with the router. I know this can happen sometimes with WLAN but I seriously doubt it happens as often as mine does.
I have it to automatically connect to the home network so when it drops out, it reconnects, sometimes it's instant other times it takes about 3-5mins. The router appears to be fine as it never dropsout, maybe the odd lose of DSL connection but otherwise it's fine. However I id have software that I installed with the WLAN card but can't locate the CD. I don't think that could be the problem, as the device still works without that software.

The USB device is a Sitecom Network USB adaptor 54G (about 4 years old) Model number: WL-172 v1 001 (802.11 bg WLAN, I know the 'n' is the new fast one but that's mine). The router is a Zyxel p-600 series.

-Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

-System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation

- System Model: Dimension 3000

- BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A02

- Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, ~2.8GHz

-Memory: 1024MB RAM

-Available OS Memory: 1022MB RAM

-Page File: 673MB used, 1372MB available

- Windows Dir: C:\Windows

- DirectX Version: DirectX 11

-DX Setup Parameters: Not found

-User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

-System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

- DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

- DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Any help much appreciated.

Yes, It does say that on some Machines, I experienced that at first.

Hope that works.

Yeah thanks! I'll see how it goes, it actually seems to be working slightly more efficiently, It usually dropped out mroe often when I was watching videos on youtube and stuff so I'll see how it goes but for the moment it appears to be working fine, thanks again, hopefully I wont have to post in this thread again.

EDIT: --- Ok so unfortunately it did not work, it dropped out twice since my last post and the second time I had trouble with it trying to reconnect, any other ideas?

I was thinking maybe getting a new Internal PCI wireless card as I would be under the assumption that it would be faster and more reliable since it's, well, internal, or even just a new USB one, I can't see what else it could be, it's not turning it off to save power either as I've already unchecked that box.

Back
Top Bottom